A Public Limited Company is a Company having a paid-up capital of RS.5 Lac.Registration of a Private Limited Company requires minimum Three members and there is no limit of number of shareeholders in the company.
Incorporation procedure of a company under Public limited company is prescribed in the provisions of Companies Act, 2013.
Public Limited Company is suitable and recommended for large scale of business where the capital is high and the promoters intend to go public for funding. However, the minimum capital required to form a public Limited Company is Rs. 5,00,000.
The characteristics of a public limited company is similar to that of private limited company in many factors. However, the major distinction is that a public limited company derives the right to have as many members as required. Further, public companies have high standard of transparency and hassle-free shareholding transfers.
Processing steps for Registration
JS Tax Consultant can help you to incorporate a Public Limited Company in 14 to 20 working days, subject to ROC processing time.
- Registration of a Company
- Obtaining Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) and Designated Partner Identification Number (DPIN)
- Certificate of Incorporation
Documents needed for Public Limited Company
- Minimum Eight Person and 2 color photo of all the persons
- Minimum Capital shall be Rs. 5 Lac.
- Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for all the directors
- Copy of Pan Card /Voter ID / Passport/Aadhaar card/Driving License(any ID proof) of the all the proposed directors
- Address Proof of all the proposed directors
- Registered Office Address Proof
- Director Identification Number for the directors
- No Objection Certificate from the owner of premises
- Rental agreement is required (in case of premises rented)
- House tax receipt is required (in case of premises owned)
- At least One Director Should is resident in India. PAN is not required in case of Foreign Residents.
Advantages of a Public Limited Company
- Limited Liability
- Separate Legal Identity
- Flexibility for Shareholders
- No limit on shareholders and the shares sold to all
- Greater status as a business
- Capacity to Sue and to be Sued
- Can borrow more money
- Easy Transferability
- Owning Property & Dual Relationship
JS Tax Consultant Expert will collect the necessary information and documents for preparation of your Public limited Company registration requirements.