VAT Registration is a type of tax registration for businesses or manufacturing goods. VAT Registration replaces Sales Tax and is synonym with CST & TIN. VAT Registration is tax to allow Input tax credit (ITC) on tax at the starting stage, that is appropriated against the ( VAT ) liability.
Important Points on Vat Registration
- The VAT Registration is optional until 20 Lakhs of turnover in Delhi
- The registration is optional until 10 Lakhs of turnover in Maharashtra & Karnataka,
- There is no exemption in case of CST and it is important to have the CST no. before if a dealer wants to enters into a sale of Inter State.
- The registration is an online procedure in most of states moreover the dept liasioning is necessary for TIN number issuance.
- Inspector visit is essential in some of the states and the pre-registration visiting have been suspended and is done once the registration is done.
- Value Added Tax
- State Level Tax
- VAT Due Dates
- NO VAT on Exports
- End Consumer bears VAT
- VAT / TIN / CST are the same
VAT Registration Process
jstaxconsultant can get VAT / TIN / CST / Sales Tax Registration within 15 days subject to processing time.
- VAT Application
- Application Processing
Forms to be filled
- VAT Form 1
- VAT form 4 for Partnership (along with Form 1)
- VAT form 3 for additional Places of Business (along with Form 1)
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VAT REGISTRATION
|Proprietor||Company / Partnership Firm / LLP|